I was super moody after my paper just now. I was at YIH canteen with shawna when my dad called and told me he was at NUH cos he brought my uncle here for check up. so i told him to take bus A or D to get to YIH. He knew that I have a paper today and he knows that I didn't do well too. at first he was shocked that I left 30 marks blank, and as usual, had great reactions towards that. But afterwards when he came to YIH to have a drink with me, he told me, "aiya, it's okay, it's all over already. Anyway it's not always the people with the best results being the most successful people in the world." but continued emphasizing on how lack of EQ I have. haha i don't mind him criticizing that I lack EQ. I know I lack EQ but at least I'm don't sufficiently have EQ low enough to have everybody disliking me. He agrees that there's someone we know in common which (I refuse to use "who") totally has negative EQ. My dad says the person has fantastic IQ but totally zero EQ. And my dad also said that there's a possibility that one day he might be pushed down from a building by one of his workers due to an accumulation of the latter's hatred towards him. hahaha if that really happens, I might just laugh out loud and say he deserves it. Disgusting creature.
Anyway I dont quite care, yet, that I have low EQ. I still haven't stepped into the working world, it doesn't really matter if I have low EQ. haha. My dad says that having high EQ means that you won't show your unhappiness towards someone else even though you're upset with him. But I still feel that, that behaviour is totally fake and I don't like it and I still can't accept it.
Anyways, I really love talking to my dad even though we don't always agree with each other. But I agree that the most successful people on Earth may not be the best in academia. I don't aim to be the most successful people on Earth or anywhere else. I just don't want to be the lousiest on Earth. Probably the only thing I aim is to be the happiest person on Earth. hahahaa~
To be happiest mean being able to do what I like. I'm happy doing whatever I'm doing now, and I'm studying to ensure that my happiness can continue into the future. I don't have to climb up the ladder of success. I just need to have a stable income in the future, to sufficiently provide me with sufficient savings for me to tour yearly. It'll even be better if there's enough money to sponsor my family on such trips. I don't mind emptying my savings for them. I don't mind not having savings. I can't use the money that I've saved all my life when I die, so why save that huge amount of money? just need to save for emergencies only.
My dad looks tired. He has huge eyebags ): I hope he doesn't tire himself out. He's the main breadwinner at home and the damned financial crisis has affected him alot, especially since he's a businessman. I don't know how affected is his business, but it's definitely affected and he's really looking forward to the day I graduate. Sounds scary, and I dread graduating, but it'll really lighten a lot of his financial burden. Moreover he's not young anymore. I also hope that he doesn't work so much and sleep so little. He'll probably be the only reason why I want to graduate, I think.
I'll go and work hard on my econs now.
i would dance my life away
Tuesday, 28 April 2009
我是超爱我的爸爸的leh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey!!! nice post there...thanks for reminding me that there's actually a purpose for all the stupid education we're receiving :) now i feel more motivated for the rest of my papers liao. you jiayou ok!!! :)
sometimes not showing your true feelings is to 顾全大局... so it's not totally unacceptable.. ya?
Post a Comment