Wednesday, 15 December 2010

deborah

the cleo editor. she's really cool and i really like her virtual personality.


just thought this is interesting.


This event, however, has made me think more deeply about life. It could be over just like that. I drive. I am just as likely to be involved in an accident that could take me away from those who love me for forever. What becomes then of my dreams, my hopes and everything that I have spent my life achieving?

Have I made peace with the people whom I've let down? Have I done enough for my parents? Have I told my friends how important they are to me? Am I leaving this world with regrets and unfulfilled dreams?

This is death. If the dead could feel or think, I'm sure they would be wishing for more time to wrap up any unfinished business they may have. If I were to die tonight, I know I would be leaving with lots of regrets. I would not have properly fallen in love, I would not have had my heart properly broken, I would not have told my parents just how much I really love them and I would not have had the chance to do the things I've been intending to do.

Perhaps this is the wakeup call I need. To embrace life and use whatever time I've left - how much or how little, I don't know - to make sure my existence on this planet means something to me and to the people who love me.

No comments: